Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT - www.flandersinvestmentandtrade.com) is recruiting a Technology Deputy to join their team at their office in London to start asap.
You will be based out of our London office. The territory which you will cover is the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Northern-Ireland and Scotland) and – though to a lesser extent - other European countries where FIT has local offices.
Within the Health Technology sector you will responsible for:
• Building an extensive network with innovative companies, clusters, incubators, funds and research centres.
• Collating information on developments in the sectors within your territory and share your knowledge with colleagues in the London office, HQ and in other FIT offices.
• Keeping up to date on trade and industry trends as well as policy changes within those sectors and for capitalising on their relevance for Flanders and its knowledge centres and companies.
• Sharing relevant information with technology clusters and research centres in Flanders.
• Identifying companies with potential R&D investments that could benefit from setting up an operation in Flanders.
• Working together with the Investment teams in the various FIT offices (mostly London) in identifying and attracting investment prospects as well as in organising promotional events.
• The Technology Deputy reports to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor in London.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and requirements:
• Specialist and deep knowledge of the health technology sector in the UK and in Europe.
• a Master’s degree in a science related subject or a business related subject, or a BA and 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in a technological environment
• Fluent in English; knowledge of and the ability to speak Dutch would be beneficial to the role.
• Strong business knowledge of one or several of the following health technology sectors: Biotech, Medtech, Pharmaceuticals, Digital Health and Care and Quantum Chemistry.
• A good insight into technology innovation at large and knowledge of the big international players.
• A basic understanding of the technology ecosystem in Flanders, including the locally important players.
• Demonstrable experience in business development.
• Confident Microsoft Office user.
• Excellent networking skills.
• Ability to work well within a team.
• Client focused attitude
• Strong communicator and ability to empathise
• Excellent analytical skills
What we offer:
• An exciting position in a dynamic team with a focus on international business development
• Full-time permanent contract under UK Law
• Competitive annual salary includes London weighting.
• 26 days annual leave and the local bank holidays
When applying, candidates need to be in possession of the legal right to live and work in the UK.
Want to apply ?
• Send your CV and motivation letter to Mr. Dirk Verlee, Economic and Commercial Counsellor, via email@example.com
• Deadline: 31/07/2021 at 24:00 hrs (GMT).
• Round 1: Pre-selection candidates based on CV and cover letter.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted to go through to the next round
• Round 2: Interview, presentation test and language test
Candidates who reach the final round will be kept on a reserve recruitment list for two years